Home Owners Insurance
Knowing Your Policy Is VERY Important
Many people are not aware of what is covered on their homeowners insurance policy. Be sure that you know if your policy covers things such as:
- What are your property and possessions covered for?
- Do you have enough coverage for your possessions (Personal Articles Floater)?
- What if someone is injured at your home (Liability Coverage)?
- What if your property is stolen while you are on vacation (Off Premises Coverage)?
- Are you covered for additional living expenses if your home becomes unlivable after a covered loss?It is important to review your policy and be sure you have the coverage you need and want, and that you understand what that coverage entitles you to.
What can a Homeowner do to be prepared?
What can a Homeowner do to save money?
Home Warranty Insurance
Home Warranty coverage protects the fundamental systems and appliances in your home. For instance, if the furnace needs to be replaced, you could pay from $500 to $3,500 for a new one. With a home warranty, your cost would be significantly lower, usually just a service call fee (approximately $30-50 per service call). Coverage typically starts 2 days after closing, as long as the premium as been received.In addition to the fundamental systems and appliances in your home, additional coverage can be purchased for things such as air conditioning, a washer and dryer, or pool/spa equipment.
Sellers can get coverage for free by signing up (if you?re not already), when you decide to put your home on the market. Check out Ezinsurance.com for details.
As a buyer, to ensure that your buying experience will be the best, make sure your new home is protected by a home warranty and what it covers. That way you won?t have any costly surprises with the basic systems and appliances in your home!